The final lesson shares 10 top tips for creating landing pages.
10 Quick Landing Page Tips
- Ensure the primary headline of your landing page matches the ad visitors clicked to get there.
- Make your call to action (CTA) big and position it above the fold.
- Use directional cues to direct attention to your CTA (arrows or photos/videos of people looking or pointing at your button).
- For lead gen forms where the CTA is below the fold (e.g. due to a long form) – make the directional cue point down the page to the button.
- A landing page should have a single purpose, and thus a single focused message.
- Every element of your page should be aligned conceptually with the topic and goal of the page.
- Show your product/service being used in context.
- Use video. It’s been shown to improve conversion by up to 80%.
- Edit to remove unnecessary content. Be succinct.
- Use real testimonials for social proof and authenticity.